The version history of the Android mobile operating system began with the public release of the Android beta in November 5, 2007. The first commercial version, Android 1.0, was released in September 2008. Android is continually developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance, and it has seen a number of updates to its base operating system since the initial release. New android version name is OREO 8.0 (android 8.0). Android Latest Version Oreo 8.0. Google given famous food item names to android newly released versions, here we are providing all android versions names.
Code Name Version Number
Eclair 2.0 – 2.1
Froyo 2.2 – 2.2.3
Gingerbread 2.3 – 2.3.7
Honeycomb 3.0 – 3.2.6
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 – 4.0.4
Jelly Bean 4.1 – 4.3.1
KitKat 4.4 – 4.4.4
Lollipop 5.0 – 5.1.1
Marshmallow 6.0 – 6.0.1
Nougat 7.0 – 7.1.2
Android Oreo is the official name for version-8.0 of Google’s popular mobile operating system,now it is available for selected devices.
Oreo mainly focuses on speed and efficiency.Now many smartphones are updated to Android 8.0, here the key play is boot speed,it almost increased twice. Additionally, this operating system update tackles pesky background activity that drains your battery and your data plan.
What’s New in Android Latest Version Oreo 8.0?
Android O’ introduces a number of new features and APIs to use in your apps. Here’s are just a few new things for you to start trying in this first Developer Preview:
- Notifications : Oreo Introduces notification channels. they allows you to create a user-customizable channel for each type of notification you want to display. The user interface refers to notification channels as notification categories.
- Autofill APIs : Users can save time filling out forms by using autofill in their devices. Latest Android version Oreo makes filling forms, such as account and credit card forms by using Autofill Framework. The Autofill Framework manages the communication between the app and an autofill service.
- Font resources in XML : android 8.0 introduces a new feature, Fonts in XML, which lets you use fonts as resources. This means, there is no need to bundle fonts as assets. Fonts are compiled in R file and are automatically available in the system as a resource.
- Adaptive icons : Android O introduces adaptive launcher icons, which can display a variety of shapes across different device models. For example, a launcher icon can display using a circular shape on one OEM device, and display a squircle on another device. Android Latest Version Oreo 8.0
- Connectivity : Android Oreo adds support for Wi-Fi Aware, it is working based on the Neighbor Awareness Networking (NAN) specification. On devices with the appropriate Wi-Fi Aware hardware, apps and nearby devices can discover and communicate over Wi-Fi . you don’t need an Internet access point for this.
- Accessibility volume : This feature is very useful to the users with disabilities. In this feature accessibility services are optimizing the audio experience.
- WebView enhancements : Oreo provides several APIs to help you manage the objects that display web content in your app.
- Background limits : Latest Android version puts a big priority on improving mobile battery life and the device’s interactive performance.
- Accessibility Button : It allows you to quickly access from the navigation bar accessibility features, like magnification, and functionality within accessibility services, like Select to Speak.
- Do two things at once (Picture-in-Picture) : Oreo Allows you to see two apps at once.
For more information visit click here. Android Latest Version Oreo 8.0